Thursday, July 10, 2008

I miss the mountains!



We left Idaho Falls and decided to take a scenic route back to Omaha. We went via Palisades Lake, Jackson Hole, the Tetons, Togwotee Pass, (brought back some great memories of trips to Faye and Garys when they lived in Wyoming), Dubois, and down past Sweetwater, Wyoming, where the pioneers and handcart companies had traveled along. It was beautiful country! I now think that the only part of Wyoming that is not pretty is along I-80! I miss the mountains that I grew up around as a child. We would make summer trips up to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park. It is still as beautiful as it was as years ago. It was interesting to see the Sweetwater area and think about the difficulties the pioneers had in crossing different areas.

Along Towgotee Pass in Wyoming, there was still snow in areas by the road. It was a beautiful drive.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks much nicer than the I-80 route! I'm sure it was even nicer not having to stop so often and listen to the kids of DVD player. :)